Weight Management - Eating Disorder
2 very different issues
What are we talking about ?
_____ A few Kgs to lose - We will take time to understand
* Your pattern and habits around gaining weight
* Your personal history as there may be a link with the relationship you
built with food ~ Your Frenemy / Your Protection
* I will ask you to, over 2 weeks, put down what you are eating plus one or two parameters that are essential to consider
* Your age, physical activity, general health are taken into account
* There is a long term balance to be working towards to
* Is a physiological and mental state that increases the risk of develpping other medical
issues like blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, certain cancers.
* Causes can be found in epi/genetics, diet, exercise
* Even a small weihgt loss positively impacts the general health
_____ Eating Disorders
* The individual has an extreme focus and a distorted perception of their bodily
image and bodily functioning
* Consequences on physical and mental health as well as on the daily life: work,
* Notions of Control, Shame, Guilt are frequently present with these mental
* The bodily functioning can be severely altered
The most common Eating Disorders are Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, Binge-eating
Working with Anorexia or Bulimia implies working with your GP / Consultant
I am not trained to offer diet advice.